Friday, June 13, 2003

Everything is coming together for the Great Baltic Border Expedition. We received our Russian visas yesterday -- double entry: Sovietsk (Kaliningrad Oblast) and Ivangorod (across the river from Narva, Estonia).

My passport should be back in my hands by Monday and then I will send it off to the Estonian embassy in Ottawa. That is the last thing that needs to be taken care of before heading overseas on July 4th.

CBC Radio 1 has "bought" an 8-minute documentary on the Belize kids show host, Pandy. And they (DNTO) are interested in the border expedition and pop-cultural/Canadian tie-ins.

This Monday I am meeting with the maintainance crews from the International Boundary Commission. I'll record some interviews for research and possible CBC features.

Still no word on full-time work or other gigs. But a little here and there is getting the bills paid, so its not the end of the world.

Cheers....

No comments: