Saturday, September 20, 2003

The second weekend in Vancouver and I think the adjustment is complete. It was great to be able to pay all the bills and even has some $ leftover. However, now the cold reality of the never ending stream of payments is here. Meaning: got to get off my ass and working. Lots!

That's not to say I've been doing nothing. In fact, I have been continuing to work on my little business for my secret product. Heh heh! World domination is in sight.

And as much as I would like to use my airline points for some spur of the moment jaunts to places like Calgary or Nova Scotia, I must remain planted and start hammering that debt. One does not spend nearly 3 months out of the country without incuring the odd visa imprint!

Good news about my laptop which suffered near-catastophe in Denmark: it will be repaired under warranty! In the battle of Apple vs. Gravity, I won!

The weather in Vancouver has been decidedly fall-like. Little rain, but cool. Nice, actually. In fact, today I shall go for my first bike ride since returning home. And with the short days, it doesn't leave a lot of time to get out today, before the sun drops. Which today is 7:17pm (not including mountain blockage!).

Fellow traveling fools Bernee, Blake and baby Max return home tomorrow after 4 months in such exotic locals as Spain, Greece and Ontario! I look forward to hearing what it is like to travel with a baby who is only 8 months old or so. Good on 'em!

That will conclude today's entry. I must run and throw raw chicken parts and the bongo players in the park. They have won: I will have to move over the winter as I cannot take the noise. Any day that is nice is filled with the sounds of bad drumming. It is sad when the folks who leach off society (homeless youth) have more rights to make noise than I, a tax payer, have to peace and quiet. Come to Vancouver! Live in a city park! We'll reward you for it!

Cheers!

Doug





No comments: