Tuesday, September 30, 2003

The Vancouver Film Festival continues... and this morning I went to see a Finnish film called "The Handcuff King." It is set in the 70's in a border town on the Sweden-Finland border. The story centered around 2 young boys -- one from each country. It was quite good, and I particularly enjoyed trying to pronounce the Finnish title.

Now, I have never been to Finland. But I know a Finn. And I have been to Estonia, which might be like Finland, but having never been, I can't say for sure. The languages are definitely similar. So, I had this odd sensation of being on another border expedition with a group of Finns to some remote international frontier.

The next film on my agenda is "Ford Transit" a Palestinian film. It looks really interesting.

Ciao!


No comments: