Monday, January 19, 2004

Day one was a success.

I didn't write much, but I did learn a lot about the CBC systems for Canada Now. There are multiple deadlines and lots of work. But the place seems calm, and very professional. The people are friendly and I hope to get more hours there.

The fun continues tomorrow and Wednesday. Actually writing/vetting/etc will be the interesting part.

In other news, I entered the Pandy piece (Georgia Straight, Nov 20th, 2003) in the Canadian National Magazine Awards. The editor of the Straight told me I should, so this morning at 8am, I was FedExing my entry to Toronto.

That's about all I have time for now. It certainly feels like all I do is work. Good thing, because if this keeps up -- ie, more work at CBC -- I hope that I might be able to afford some kind of trip this year. Like EUROPE! Hahahaha.

Cheers!

No comments: