Monday, January 05, 2004

I don't know if Roadspill has become roadkill, but for some reason, I can't access it on the web. The behind the scenes stuff (archives) are all still accessible -- but nothing on the web. Odd.

Today, Monday, is the first real day off in a while. CTV work has come to an end, sadly. But it will allow me to turn my attention to other things. I have lots to do. But today is a no-work day. That said, I am meeting with a guy I'm interviewing for CBC Kids and I applied for a 3 month gig with a CTV show as a researcher -- thing is... it probably pays squat. It might be below the threshold of being worth it, believe it or not.

My photos are now up at Caffe Barney (2675 Granville Street, Vancouver). I am doing a show with another photographer and we each have about 15 images up. They'll be there for a month... and, with luck, they will sell. I decided to put up more than the original 8 that I had framed. So I ended up spending another $500 or so on another 9 -- that's cheaper framing, printing, and custom mattes. My prices are a bit on the high side (average $225), but I think that its smart not to undercut one's self. And as they're up for a month, if there are no buyers, I can adjust the prices. Worst case scenario is that I have lots of stuff framed for the Night of Artists show this summer.

Winter continues here. Or, as the locals while, "bitter cold." Bah! -4 is bitter cold? Try the prairies, baby. It is a lot of fun watching people try to drive on the extremely icy side streets -- especially the hilly ones.

I've noticed that there is a free test of using blogger's audio posting service. I thing I'll give it a try.

Cheers!


No comments: