Friday, January 23, 2004

It's been a while since I've posted... pretty much because I've been so busy. This week saw me survive 3 days training at CBC, a shift at CTV, a Stockphotosonline meeting, and, last night, the first meeting of the Fractal group.

What is the Fractal Group? We're not even sure -- but its a bunch of us media types who have decided that we have ideas that need to get pushed forward. We all do different things, but we all have great ideas that should see the light of day. We're not a production company. We're a collective. We think. The second meeting should cover the definition.

The Taste Belize DVD arrived from Brent in Belize today. Dandy stuff. It was cool to see the final results of all the hard work. And nice to see my pics on the cover. Brent also sent a copy of the Grandmaster CD -- I had a demo, but this is the final version with artwork. Nice stuff. And lastly, he enclosed a copy of the Grandmaster video for the song "Pressure." He did an outstanding job, especially considering the budget was $0. And the cool thing is that the concept came from too many Rum and Mango drinks at Ivan's (the record producer) place last fall. It was an inspirational day.

Still, there is much to do: GST reports, other financial stuff, one more article for the Straight, and the editing of the next radio piece. I dumped all the interviews into my computer today and I will begin building the story this weekend. On Tuesday I have a shoot -- a story for CBC POV Sports on an extreme filmmaker.

And the pictures are still up at Caffe Barney, but I have yet to see if anything has sold. I don't want to jinx myself.

At 23:52 on Friday, that is my report.

Cheers!

No comments: