Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Hello from Calgary!

I've been here since Saturday, and the time is flying by. It's been nice to have a break from work, though, in reality, I've been working here too.

I finally finished my latest CBC Radio piece... and then fed it to the network on Monday morning. I did it all with my powerbook, which I continue to adore.

I've been staying at my buddy Dave's place. Dave and I have been exploring the bars of Kensington -- eating poorly and sampling too many beer. That has slowed in recent days.

Yesterday (Monday), in addition to being my birthday, was a positive business day. I went to get my hair cut, and it turned out that one of the owners of the salon is starting a local magazine -- and needs a travel writer. So I've given him samples and crossed my fingers.
You never know where you'll find opportunity...

Last night we went for celebrations with a collection of interesting Calgarians. They are friends of my friends Don and Linda. D&L are from Vancouver, but are up here visiting. It was Linda's birthday as well. We had many laughs at a brew pub called the Barley Mill.

Now it is Tuesday -- and the countdown to flying home has begun... I leave Wednesday night and I'm back at work on Thursday... for a 12 hour shift. Same friday.

But I shall enjoy the present...

Cheers!

No comments: