Saturday, May 29, 2004

The love-hate relationship continues in Deep Cove.

Last night after work, I came home and met up with Randy. We wandered down to the new bistro at the end of the street. There we met bartender Rob and the owner who's name I promptly forgot. We enjoyed meeting the staff while quaffing some amazing Sangria.

Then it was off to Deep Cove Pizza -- wow! Expensive ($24/large), but damn good.

And that was pretty much the night. Randy headed off to 304, and I to 102.

I got up early this morning and decided to do the hike to the look-off despite heavy rain.

Conditions: Very wet and sloppy.
Dogs: 2
People: 6
Time up: 29:13
Time down: 29:30

I didn't hang out at the look-off for long, as it was really coming down. Still beautiful. And I think I will borrow Randy's digital camera and post some shots tomorrow.

On the way home, I wandered past some big dragon boat race going on at the marina. And then hit Honey's for a tasty $2 Americano and a quick read of the Sun.

I met some of the other tenants -- and they had concerns about the traffic noise. The accident in the middle of the other night was a big topic of conversation. And there has been discussion of not only speed bumps, but a 4 way stop to slow and quieten the neighbourhood. This is a really friendly place.

I met up with Steve the landlord this morning. There are a few things that need attention. I discussed the noise with him -- and we'll take a wait and see approach. It's funny -- today the traffic doesn't bother me at all. And being a Saturday, it's particularly busy.

Off to work shortly... 2-11 at CTV. Rare day off tomorrow.

Methinks that things may just work out here...

Cheers!

No comments: