Thursday, June 10, 2004

Thursday morning -- another day of writing for edmonton.cbc.ca and calgary.cbc.ca.

It is very weird to be in Vancouver and writing about Alberta news. But no less odd than it was doing the same for Winnipeg. And its dandy work. I like it!

The noise update: the traffic continues, but I think I may be getting used to it. I managed a couple of hours yesterday with the windows open.

I think there may be a solution to the bedroom noise too -- move to the office. The window is much smaller, and I think it is way quieter.

Having a noisy office isn't a great thing, but what can you do? And it is destined to be a room for a future roommate.

The car is leaking tranny fluid like there is no tomorrow. It's worse than in the past -- but I don't think its getting worse on a daily basis. All I can do is wait and see. It may be cheaper to fix it than replace the car. But I don't want to start throwing good money after bad!

There may be some job changes in the future. A friend of mine who also happens to work for the CBC show ZeD was in the 'hood last night. She mentioned that there may be a position that I would be perfect for. It's a 10 month contract... and I am definitely interested. The job entails field producing segments for the show. Travel is likely involved. Yay!

There is still a big hole in August -- originally my Europe trip. Now I'm not sure if I should take it off and hang out -- or take work if its offered.

The next border trip -- to Albania, Kosovo, Bulgaria, et al. is scheduled for May. This is not to be missed. And 10 months of full-time employ may help. Depends what the wage is. But regardless, I will not miss it.

Work beckons...

Cheers!

No comments: