Friday, November 05, 2004

Phew! The $500 car keeps on ticking and rattling and shimmying...

Phew!

It turns out that the engine wasn't blown after all.

I popped the hood early this morning, not knowing what to expect. There, dangling before me, was a spark plug still attached to a spark plug wire.

For some reason, the spark plug had been blown out of the engine.

I attempted to screw the spark plug back in, but was only able to turn it a couple of times by hand. I gave up, replaced the wire, and prepared to drive to Port Moody for a 8am shoot.

The car started and ran OK. And then: BANG! I assume the engine spit out the spark plug again.

Not to be dismayed, I put the bucket of bolts into gear. It made a hell of a racket - but it worked.

And, in no time, I was bombing down the Barnett highway at 150 decibels per minute.

I even arrived on location early!

The shoot went well - and by 3pm we were finished.

After we struck everything, it was back into the car - and off to Canadian Tire for a new spark plug, spark plug wrench, and some hand cleaner!

I installed the new plug - and voila! - everything was as good as new.

The $500 car keeps ticking... this months payment: $14.

Cheers!

No comments: