Thursday, November 18, 2004

The week winds down... the hopes are raised

Thursday. And it's a slow night in the newsroom.

It's been an interesting week.

On Monday and Tuesday, I was working days. In the evening, I didn't do much, but that doesn't mean there wasn't much going on.

In fact Tuesday night I was awoken by a little domestic squabble at the new place. Nothing major, but - wow - is this ever a change from having my own place to call home. It's all about cost reductions however.

Wed through Friday is nightshift. Last night was ok. Tonight is slow as hell. But there is good news: I am housesitting for my friend Lisa for the next two weeks, so I will get my own space again. This will be a nice treat.

I am also off on the weekend - and will be able to attend Grey Cup festivities at another friend's place.

This seems awful disjointed.

Anyway: I heard from the big art book published Taschen today. They want more info and samples of my border images. I've just started down this road, so who knows where it will lead. A book would be nice. :)

And there is a date for my next Georgia Straight piece: December 2nd. I have 1200 words to write about the radio museum in Bellingham, WA. And a little on Bellingham too. This is good, and some more cash to stick into the Belize or Europe account.

Or better yet, this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=300487&is=USA

or this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=207360&is=GREY

If the links don't work, let me explain that both items are drool enducing lenses for my camera. One is $750 the other is close to $2000. Keeee-ripes!


Anyways... best go look busy!

Cheers!

No comments: