Wednesday, June 01, 2005

from the "back to the grind" dept.

It is now June 1... can you believe it? All the travelling is over and it's now time to work all summer.

I left Copenhagen on Friday and flew to London. I originally had plans to hook up with friends, but that fell through. Instead, I checked into my hotel near Heathrow and then grabbed the tube to Central London.

It took about 90 minutes and in retrospect I should have taken one of the express trains -- but they're expensive. And the tube is... well... London!

It was 32C in London Friday afternoon. I ran around snapping pictures and drinking up the city. Around 10, I headed back to the hotel and crashed.

Saturday the alarm went off at 4:30am and I slowly dragged my ass back to Heathrow. By 9am I was flying to Vancouver.


I arrived home around 10:30am local time on Saturday morning. It was also a nice day here... so I spent the day with friends and tried to stay up late. I thought if I could make it until bedtime according to the Vancouver clock, I would not suffer jet lag.

It didn't work. Barking dogs, an uncomfortable bed, and a screwed up system left me feeling exhausted on Sunday. But, it was also a nice day, so I again spent the day visiting.

The Georgia Straight had asked me to write a travel article about Belize, so I started writing it late Sunday. It was due today.

Monday I was up at 5:30 and at work at CBC at 7am. It was a tough, long day... and the jet lag was in full swing. In the evening I stayed at the CBC and did some phone interviews for the Belize piece.

Tuesday was a repeat of Monday... work at CBC all day, and then stick around to work on my article. Home at 10. Up at 5:30. And back at work for 7am this morning. By noon the article was emailed... and once I was done at CBC, I was able to come home and chill... and update this old thing.

More to come soon... but I am going to chill for a spell.

Cheers!

No comments: