Sunday, July 10, 2005

from the "what is to be done?" dept.






The facts are this:

My neighbours were busted in the spring for owning a grow-op.

My neighbours own two dogs that live outside 24 hours a day.

These large beasts bark at everything. The result of which is that I cannot sleep in my bedroom because of the barking. I now sleep on a pull out couch in the basement.

Lord knows I am not the most tolerant person.

But is it fair that someone (criminals, no less!) allow their beasts to disturb me (us?) at 1am, 3am, 5am, etc. etc.?

It amazes me how people who go against society's rules (and by-laws) seem to have more rights than the people who are affected.

This is a fine case in point: the people with the dogs have more right to disrupt my sleep than I have not to be disturbed. And we're talking in the middle of the night, not the middle of the afternoon.

So what is to be done?

Hopefully I can get some answers from the city tomorrow. I've had it with this blatant disregard that some neighbours have for others.







Other than that, it's a darn nice Sunday morning. My illicit XM Radio is pumping out the sixties tunes... the sun is shining... and I'll soon be off to find some herring in mustard sauce at the (former?) Yugoslavian deli on Commercial Drive.

The rest of the day is wide open.

Cheers!

No comments: