Friday, August 19, 2005

from the "news is my life" dept.

Today was the first day back to a television newsroom in the past week. Luckily, it was a fairly easy day, and now at 12:58am, I am no worse for the wear.

The folks at the Georgia Straight called. They want to run the map article next week. This normally wouldn't be a problem as I filed the story weeks ago. But there are some requested revisions and the deadline is tomorrow. Guess I'll get up early and write before I go to work and write.

"It's a writin' man I am... "

And my Albania roadtrip piece is due soon too. I will get that done next week when I have 3 days off.

No news on the documentary front. Still waiting for the final signed documents pertaining to story rights.


Randy is off to St. Pierre et Miquelon Monday (bastard), which means at least a weeks delay in doc stuff. This isn't a big issue -- I just wanted to use the word "bastard".

One more episode of Freaks and Geeks to go -- man, what an amazing series that was. I think I'll savour the last one with some nice 23 -year-old Guatemalan rum.

The CBC lockout continues. No end in sight. It means a big financial hit... probably half my income. If my tax refund would EVER show up, I'd be breathing a little easier.

Brent and Roh are coming up in early September, and that means a whole lot of going out. Cha-ching!

Speaking of 23-year-old rum... I think I fancy a dram.

I'm also housesitting at 6th and Main for the next while. I don't think I'll hang there all the time. Just pop in and out to feed the cat. Fun!

My apologies for the lack of photos... just no time. Although I have a photo shoot on Sunday, and I'll have an image or two from that. The subject matter: our departing weekend weather person and her family.

Bedtime!

Cheers!

No comments: