Wednesday, November 09, 2005

from the "popping my head up" dept.

No, I'm not dead. Or in Iran. Or anywhere for that matter.

I am here, at home, on the couch, the dog beside me. Life is good.

So, you're wondering, what the hell have I been up to? Cries out for point form:

- bought a new PC laptop. Now I can work at home and on the road. Hell of a deal. $699 for a Gateway at Future Shop. Now I have two laptops. Geek.

- took last weekend off to head stateside. Bought another XM radio for $29. De-authorized a 1st generation one today. Love the XM. Geek.

- went to the American Museum of Radio's yard sale. Blew. Geek.

- working this week for the CBC's online regional BC site. And from home, no less. Telecommuting rocks. Geek.

- working the approaching weekend, which blows, but puts more toys in my attic.

- finally visited with Cheryl (and Cathy and Lisa and Val and new bartender at Barney's) last night. T'was nice, but short. I envision repeat visits, especially since:

- I am housesitting for Lisa at 15th/Granville. A hop, scotch and a shot from Barney's. Hint.

- plan to try to telecommute from Lisa's. We'll see if her pipe is wide enough. Yikes! Geek!

- starting to make lists and piles for the Halifax trip. I'll be there in a week and a day.

- spoke to old news director/author/pal Bruce Graham tonight. A visit to Parrsboro is in the works whilst in NS.

- still planning to go to Sacramento in December. For the documentary.

- India is looking more and more probable for Jan/Feb

- failing that, I will go to Belize. Or New York. Or both. Or Cuba.

- damn! too many places, so little money!

Cheers!

No comments: