Thursday, December 22, 2005

from the "almost here" dept.

Only a few days remain until the big weekend. I realized the one thing I haven't done is hit the booze store and load up on wine for Christmas Day. Nothing like booze store crowds during the holidays.

The weather has turned here: it went from beautiful blue skies and frigid temperatures to record-tying warm (12C) and rain.

I don't mind the rain... except on days like today when I am taking the bus to work. It's a safety precaution as I will be meeting up with my favourite Cheryl for some holiday pints at Caffe Barney. And a cab will provide the safe ride home, providing I can get one in this taxi-limited city.

Two more days of work remain. Yesterday was certainly a jump into the fire. It was crazy and exhausting. I need to win the lottery.


Well, if I am taking the bus to work this morning, I better get in gear. It takes about an hour in total to get to Robson & Burrard from E54th and Knight. But the freedom! Oh! The freedom!

Be prepared for pictures from the Engineers Xmas party this afternoon (which I hope to attend for at least a few minutes -- damn having to remain sober to write!).

Cheers!

No comments: