Thursday, December 01, 2005

from the "almost over" dept.

Kind of a grey and dull day today. Which means few photos to post.

The agenda is loose. Waiting for BJ to come home so I have some wheels. And then I'll be lunching with someone, somewhere.

Then it's family picture time with the Burkes. And a beer with Hammond. And a visit with the Berrington's. Phew!

Tomorrow, the last day will be calm. A quick jaunt to the airport for an early check in, but not flying until 8pm. Arrive home Saturday morning at 1am. And back to work. For two days only.

The trip to Sacremento has been delayed. The main reason is that there is a lot we want to accomplish, and the people involved in the documentary project need to be on the same page as us. Otherwise, we won't get everything done.

So, it makes more sense to hold off until everyone is ready. We're still self-funding at this point, so it means we're being fiscally responsible.

This also means (and I think I've mentioned this before) that I am now looking at a period of free time from Dec 5 - 19. Not a bad thing, but coming on the heels of the NS trip and a two week period (generally) of free time, it means the pennies will be tight. Just in time for Christmas.

It's been a great adventure here... I can't believe all the things I've done and the people I've seen.

I thought when I came back that it would be nice... but I am finding myself conflicted about where I live. There is something about this place that Vancouver doesn't have. It's not just friends, it's more than that.

Does this mean I want to move back? I'm not sure. If I could make what I make in Vancouver, I'd have a sweet little life. Not to say that life in Vancouver isn't sweet.

See? Conflicted.

Cheers!

Doug

No comments: