Saturday, December 03, 2005

from the "I just flew in from Halifax and boy, are my arms tired" dept.

It is 6am Atlantic, but the clock on the wall says 2am. That's because I am home in Vancouver. Another trip has concluded.

The final day was busy: lunch with Wade Keller at CTV/Maritimes, zipping around with Mark Hammond, followed by dinner at his house with Heather.

Then it was off to the airport. My flight was originally scheduled for a 8:20pm Atlantic departure. It left at 8:50, and threatened to arrive too late to make my connection in Toronto. I was stuck in a middle seat, but it wasn't too bad. I zoned out with a book and tunes.

The flight arrived in time to get the connection, and I was only subjected to YYZ Terminal 1 for 40 minutes or so.

The second leg I was blessed with an aisle seat and a open seat between me and the guy sitting in the window seat. I watched the first movie "Cinderella Man" (which was pretty good) and slept through Ocean's 12.

Air Canada sure is cheap these days: no food, no pillows, no blankets. What a crock.

I touched down in a chilly Vancouver about 1:10am local time (5:10 atlantic). And there were patches of snow to be seen from the cabride home. Considering I've been up since 7am atlantic, it's time to stop blogging and start sleeping.

And I work in 12 hours. Fun. But it was a great trip. And I can't wait to do it again.

Cheers!

No comments: