Monday, January 23, 2006

from the "familiar feeling" dept.

I need a beer for this.

OK. Better.

Tonight I kind of feel like I did on the night of the US election on Nov. 2, 2004. Ted Shredd and I had roadtripped to Bellingham, Washington to be there live. And boy, was that disappointing.

At least in Canada's election, the Conservatives only won a minority. That means that they can't pass stupid bills or do too many stupid things. And, the threat of a non-confidence motion should keep them in check. And on their toes. And send a message.

I was disappointed that the independents and Greens didn't fare better. That would have been another good message. Instead war horses like Ujjal Dosanhj and Hedy Fry were re-elected. That is sad. And neither is a Conservative.

So, where do we stand? I dunno. Methinks more of the same. No wonder people are jaded. And we'll be doing it again in a few months, no doubt.

My day was filled with the election. From working in the CTV newsroom all day to hanging out with the Nimble folks as they did some cool internet work for Global.

Back to the salt mines tomorrow. And then, on Wednesday, a delicious day off. With no plans. Thank God.

And now, back to the show...

Cheers!

No comments: