Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hula Girl Punta Gorda, Belize


Hula Girl Punta Gorda, Belize
Originally uploaded by borderfilms.com.

Wednesday night and Katia and I are back in San Ignacio.

The day started early with me watching Guatemalan news (blood and guts big time) while Katia went to shoot the sunrise.

Later, we headed to Paul's place again -- to record some more performances and to continue the interview.

We were finished around noon.

It was a pretty amazing experience meeting Paul and it's sad to think I may never be in his company again.

More images are coming when I have access to a bit better internet connection. I am currently poaching from a hotel about 1km from the balcony railing on which my laptop teeters.

The trip is going well, of course. Lots of great non-touristy experiences.

Brent is coming to San Ignacio tomorrow and then we will head to Guatemala on Friday. After a few days and a few more Tecate, we'll head back to San Ignacio -- then Belize City -- then Caye Caulker.

It's starting to go by too fast.

However, I am looking forward to Caye Caulker (and indeed home) for a break from the noise. Yeah, I know I'm super sensitive -- but this is the noisiest country in the world. You wouldn't believe the number of dogs that bark all day and night (more at night, as its too hot during the day) and people who blast karaoke at 11. Crazy.

C'est la vie, I reckon.

Bed beckons...

Cheers!

No comments: