Saturday, May 13, 2006

from the "done like dinner" dept.

What a week.

As mentioned previously I was working away at writing online news all week. And in the evening I was working on my not-so-secret Lonely Planet project.

Today, Friday, was the deadline for that -- and I had a video shoot where I was playing my old role of soundman. That went well, and we were done early.

Then it was home to get the LP submission under 2000 words (1998!!) and put the final touch ups on it before sending it via email to Melbourne, OZ.

At 11:50pm, with 10 minutes to go, I hit SEND.

And now the wait.

The first version was reviewed a month ago -- and some parts were good, some less so. But, the good folks at LP recognized that there was something there, and invited me to resubmit.

It's funny how calm I am about this. Years ago, I would have been a nervous wreck. Now I'm just a tired wreck.

But when I step back and think I am actually being considered by Lonely Planet as a guidebook writer -- well, that's pretty big.

Maybe there is something to this travel writing after all.

Well, the waiting begins! And I'm through with writing until... Saturday at 2 when I have to go to work writing TV news. Ditto Sunday.

Then two delicious days off Monday and Tuesday.

Cheers!

No comments: