Saturday, June 03, 2006

from the "brain break" dept.

The long haul has ended and the rewards are here. After 11 or 12 straight -- I forget -- I now have 7 days off in a row.

At least that's the plan. These things always change on a dime when the phone rings.

I used to worry about long breaks, but no more. My schedule is pretty much set through the fall, so I know I won't be on the streets anytime soon!

The question is: what to do with 7 days off.

Sure, there are a bunch of business related tax demanding my attention. But they can wait. This is all about me.

I've rented a car for the next 7 days -- for $200! -- which will allow me to journey out of the city with my camera.

Plan "A" is to drive to Calgary tomorrow (Sunday) for a few days. But the more I think about it, the less I feel up to a 12 hour drive. Twice.

Plan "B" is to grab a map of B.C. and set out on day trips to explore my home. I've spent zero time in the Okanagan, so it might be an idea to head out there. However, I balk at having to spend money on hotel rooms. Bah!

Calgary is a nice option because there are many couches that await. Read: cheap.

Regardless, it was nice to sleep in this morning past 5:30 -- even though my internal alarm woke me up. But it was a brief interruption.

The day awaits....

Cheers!

No comments: