Saturday, January 20, 2007

from the "Takoradi" bound dept.

I only have a few minutes before Ato, JHRs' country director drives me to Takoradi.

Last night the gang attended a huge 30th birthday party for Ato. Is was a ton of fun and the food and drink were outstanding.

I'll have more pictures soon. And perhaps some video if I can find a decent internet connection.

The gang is now split up. Four left for Kumasi and Tamale this morning. I'm off to Takoradi. And the rest (4) remain here in Accra.

So far I am finding the experience unbelievable. They call it the honeymoon stage -- and I suppose that's part of it. I'm sure the excitement will die down once I am going to work on a regular basis. I think I start Monday. Although I don't have a home, so I may delay my first day of work until I get settled.

The drive with Ato (and possibly his mother) should be interesting. The highway winds its way along the coast... and should provide a different view of Ghana. All I've seen so far is Accra.

That's all for now. I will post as soon as I can from Takoradi.

Thanks for following along...

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is Ato? Sounds like you're having fun. Hope the "honeymoon" stage never ends for you. Same old, same old here in Vancouver. Although I still can't believe I wont be seeing you every once in a while. But atleast there is your blog

TTYL

Gord Yip

Anonymous said...

Please let me know what your adopted Ghanaian name will be, so I can be certain to address you properly. Bwa ha ha!

Ochina Abruni!