Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HAPPY ETHIOPIAN NEW YEAR

The year 2000 arrived today in Ethiopia. Let's celebrate the new millennium and hope their's is better than ours.

And speaking of good times, should we hoist a glass and cheer the end of the global war on terror?

What's that you say? You missed it?

No worries. CBC's Neil Macdonald explains in his Reports from Abroad.

A tip o' the cap to Wendy (who needs a new blog!!) for that.

On a personal note, I am travelling once again. Off to Accra today to have a farewell sushi dinner with Trisha and Graeme (Trisha worked with JHR in Kumasi, Graeme is her freelancin' hubby).

Not many JHR folks remain... I'm starting to feel lonely. But a new batch arrives in a few weeks, as does my pal Brennan Leffler -- who will be taking over for Trisha at Luv FM in K-town.

My gig is over Friday, although I intend to pop in and out of SKYY on occasion. I've got a few freelance irons in the fire as well. But I will certainly enjoy some quiet time.

And finally: I've been able to get a copy of the CTV story about Vancouver's Scott McNabb.

McNabb worked building temporary housing at a mine near the village of Youga, Burkina-Faso. He became close friends with the villagers and was in the process of helping them improve their well when he died in a car accident outside Tema, in southern Ghana.

Heron Hanuman is the reporter. Gary Rutherford shot the Vancouver material. I shot the stuff in Burkina-Faso and Ghana. And edit-God Tim Latham made it all click:

[For those of you reading this on Facebook -- you'll have to go to My Videos].


(C) CTV [Original air date: September 6, 2007]

Cheers!

No comments: