Wednesday, November 14, 2007

from the "countdown" dept.

I'll be home in 24 days. 24. Amazing.

I'm still not sure what the plan is regarding a return to Ghana. I want to, but at the same time I'm going to be a lot more careful about where I live and with whom.

Airfares from Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto and even New York are high and rare. This, I realize, is due to the African Cup of Nations football tourney.

It starts Jan 20, 2008 and I don't want to miss it. But if I have to pay an extra $1000 for the privilege then I might elect to stay in dark, rainy and cold Vancouver. Except I won't have a home in January! Anyone need a house sitter?

And if I'm not coming back, that means I'll have to bring all my crap home... instead of being able to leave some of it behind. Which I'll likely do. I can always buy new shorts and flipflops.

There is still a ton of stuff to do between now and December 7. I have to finish one magazine article (due Friday) and research two more. I can write the remaining pieces in Canada, which will guarantee a little holiday income.

The time is gonna fly... I know that!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very cold here today. Maybe you should mail order a down jacket before you leave there! (hee hee)

Appreciate the heat while you are there.

CanuckOnFire