Friday, November 23, 2007

from the "have some fun while I'm gone" dept.

It's Friday... the countdown is now 14. In 14 days I'll be back in Vancouver. Crazy, man.

In the meantime... I'm a few hours away from hopping on a bus to the port city of Tema. It's about 25 minutes from Accra and four hours from Takoradi.

Tomorrow Brennan, Sa'id (a reporter from LUV FM in Kumasi) and I will board the USS McHenry and sail up the coast. We're doing some stories on the ship and its mission (security, goodwill) for LUV and Global National.

The schedule has us sailing overnight and putting into Takoradi Sunday morning.

Then on Tuesday or Wednesday I will begin the long journey to Tamale and Northern Ghana to work on the magazine articles that I've mentioned previously. Then back to pack and get ready to move home.

In the meantime, I'll be offline. So, if you're looking for something to keep you busy, here's an early Christmas treat:

Holiday Snowglobe

Cheers!

Doug

No comments: