Friday, January 11, 2008

from the "FedExcellent" dept.


FedEx came through.

After the troubles mentioned in my earlier post, I called FedEx to get things straightened out.

The woman at the call centre was very pleasant and I remained calm. She took my contact info and said someone would call.

About an hour later, a local FedEx person rang. She apologized and said that they would deliver the package containing my new laptop between 5 and 7 p.m.

Around 6:30 a driver showed in his own car. He lives in the area and the customer service woman had him drop off my package on the way home. Amazing.

Now that's customer service. Make a mistake, make up for it. Kudos.

The odd thing: no one really knew why the original driver blew the delivery. CSR woman figured he was new and didn't know his route. Hmmm.

Anyway, all is good and I have a new MacBook.

Last night I loaded Windows on it so it boots in both OS X and XP. Perfect!

More to come...

Cheers!

No comments: