Tuesday, March 25, 2008

from the "history repeating" dept.


It's hard to believe Roadspill is five years old today. Five!

It all began with this post written back in 2003. At the time I was in a CBC edit suite with editor Chris Holmes and we were cranking out the television. And an adventure was looming:
March 25, 2003.
The first entry.

The big news right now is that I am in the middle of finishing 5 television stories for a national kids show in Canada. So the operative word is busy. But -- I have booked the next adventure: Belize and Guatemala. A little work, a little play.

Work: Screening footage for a documentary on borders. Working on a cooking show.

Fun: Exploring the Belize-Guatemala border. And the tri-point where Mexico, Belize & Guatemala meet.
We delivered all the TV items and I travelled to Central America. While I didn't visit the tripoint, I did celebrate my birthday in Livingston, Guatemala. Was that really five years ago?

Surprisingly, things haven't changed that much.

America is still at war in Iraq. I'm still working at the CBC as a freelancer and preparing for another big trip that includes tripoints (in Ukraine). And I'm getting ready to mark another significant birthday... this time while watching the Mariners at Seattle's Safeco Field.

Five years. Amazing! And thanks to you readers out there. From Kumasi to Belize City to Copenhagen to Winnipeg to Bristol to Halifax to Vancouver and 88 countries around the world.

Cheers!

No comments: