Saturday, April 19, 2008

from the "trivial matters" dept.

It's past mid-April in Vancouver and you'd think spring would be here, the blossoms in full bloom. But no. It's cold. And it snowed last night.

Now, that may not be a big deal in the rest of Canadaland, but it is here. Because it rarely snows. And it should never snow in April.

It's a good thing then, that I'm dragging my arse out of here in exactly one week. By this time next Saturday, I should be freezing my ass off in Seattle, watching the Mariners and the As at Safeco Field.

Two days after that I fly to Copenhagen and begin the next big trip. Unfortunately the weather there looks much like it does here. At least it's Europe!

I've been spending the last few days getting things in order. Buying new toys for the trip, getting the taxes signed off on by the accountant, making lists and getting comfortable in my comfy new (temporary) home at 2nd and Main.

And I've been wondering how well my Obama cap will go over in Ukraine. Hmmm.

That's it for now. Stay tuned.

Cheers!

No comments: