Thursday, March 26, 2009

from the "dental bonding" dept.

I visited my new Guatemalan dentist yesterday. To get there I had to take a boat across Lake Atitlan. I was accompanied by five others also in need of some work. Despite the destination, it was like a little roadtrip. And fun.

The bad news for me is that I need some work. Nothing too major, but it will mean building up a shattered molar and getting a crown. In Canada, this would cost me $1000 plus. Like I have that. But Dr. Mario will do everything for roughly $300. And there is little difference between his dental office and what you'd find up north. And the cost savings basically pays for my plane ticket home. And back.

In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm heading to Vancouver for two weeks to do some business crap, tie up some lose ends, and visit the doctor (free!). Then it's back to San Pedro for the rest of the spring and much of the summer. I'll continue working on my freelancing and trying to save some money.

If nothing else, I'll be hiding from the huge axe that is hanging over the Canadian media industry. And wearing shorts. Which I won't be wearing when I arrive back "home" on Saturday.

And so it goes...

Cheers!

No comments: