Friday, August 14, 2009

from the "picture this" dept.

Brooklyn Bridge
by Me

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Of all the cities I've visited (hundreds?), my absolute favourite is New York City.

I've been there a half dozen times, and every time I return I feel like a six-year-old waking up on Christmas morning. Even years after my last visit, I get giddy thinking about strolling the city's streets and avenues, wandering about Central Park and especially photographing Gotham.

Today's New York Times reviews an exhibition put on by a group of Manhattan photography dealers.

"New York Photographs," a summertime tribute to the greatest city on earth by a group of Manhattan photography dealers, is a reminder of the endless churn of dark and light, innocence and experience that surrounds all of us in the city at every moment.

The review and an incredible slide show are HERE.

I think it's time to book a return visit...

No comments: