Wednesday, November 11, 2009

from the "yee haw" dept.

Greetings from Calgary where I'm just wrapping up two days of training. The last few weeks have flown by and at times I can't quite believe I'm back in Canada and immersed in work again.

As of this morning, I've written more than 18,500 words of my 50,000 word novel. I'm actually ahead of the game, and hope to bang off another couple of thousand before I leave Calgary and return to Edmonton this afternoon.

I'm getting closer to having the housing dilemma solved. I should have word on that by the end of the week. It looks like I'll be living in a downtown Edmonton condo. I can walk to work, so no need for a car -- at least initially. And several people have offered to lend me all the bits and pieces I'll need to furnish it -- everything from forks to a bed.

I'll be without a car as of Saturday night, unless I decide to extend my rental. It's certainly handy, but expensive. There are some tax benefits, however.

At least the weather has been nice. No snow yet and lots of sun. So far, so good.

Cheers!

No comments: