Saturday, August 14, 2010

from the "final countdown" dept.

My spirits are soaring as things wind down. Soon, the past 10 months in Alberta's capital city will be nothing more than a memory. More on that once I leave town.

As of this writing, there remain 10 more work days. And two weeks from today I will depart Edmonton for Calgary. And on Sept. 1, I will board the big bird for points south.

All fear has disappeared. But there remains much to be done: An apartment full of stuff that needs to be emptied and cleaned by tomorrow. Bank accounts that need to be set up. Mail that needs to be forwarded. Stuff that needs to be hauled.

Slowly, the list of things gets ticked off. And with each tick, the transition gets easier.

I've been looking at Google StreetView of my new 'hood. Looks great! Lots to explore. And no winter, although sources say that it does get chilly. No matter, the Pacific and Caribbean aren't too far away. As is my old home of San Pedro la Laguna, down in Guatemala.

And so it goes...

No comments: