Monday, August 23, 2010

from the "four to go" dept.

It was a weird day.

Work was OK, if a little slow. It got better at the end of the day.

No, it wasn't work that made it a weird day. It was me: Thinking.

About what, you may wonder?

Edmonton, I guess. Even though I leave here with few good memories (which is not to say I leave with bad ones -- just no memories, really), I wonder if I didn't give the city a chance. Did I judge it too harshly and too early? Did I set up a self-fulfilling prophecy?

That's what I was thinking about.

And, to answer my own question: I think I did give it a shot. I went to a few events, I tried to have fun. But it's hard to make your own fun. I'm not one for doing absolutely everything on my own. Companionship is nice.

It bothered me hearing about work parties after the fact. It bothered me that my cellphone never rang. It bothered me that the only times I did anything was with people I already knew.

Can you tell I'm not much of a civic booster? Can you tell that I just want to let it all out? It's coming.

Meanwhile: The future. I'm thinking I might delay my departure to Mexico by a week or two. It would give me some time to enjoy Canadian fall and spend a bit more time down in Calgary. There's no rush, really. The only rush was getting out of my rented home.

Time for a glass of wine, methinks. And more pondering.

And so it goes.

No comments: