Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A look back at 2012...

My long-winded New Year's Day post:

2012 was an interesting and rather exceptional year.

It started in San Pedro la Laguna, Guatemala. Early in the year I moved into a house in San Pedro with the most incredible views of Lago Atitlan (one of the most beautiful places in the world) for very little rent. The neighbours were pretty incredible, too (excluding the cow).

Canadian friends came to visit. And I visited El Salvador and Mexico.

I snagged my first steady location independent gig. Returned home to Canada for the summer. I spent Canada Day in Vancouver and then headed off to Winnipeg to reconnect with friends and family.

After a few weeks it was back to Vancouver for the rest of the (amazing) summer and some work with the CBC. Then, in the fall, I returned to San Pedro for a six week visit that made me realize where my home really is.

And then back to Vancouver for more TV work, Christmas and to close out the year.

All-in-all, it was a pretty amazing year -- and they seem to get better and better as I figure out my life: who I am and what I want. I realize how very lucky I am to have that luxury compared to much of the planet.

As for 2013…

I predict some serious changes ahead. More fitness and a more permanent move to a country that starts with G. There are two contenders… one near, one far. We shall see.

More time spent building up location independent income. More time in the slow lane (because it's really not as slow as you might think... yet). More time travelling. More time with friends old and new. More experiences outside of my safety zone, so I have few regrets when my time comes to an end.

As always, I'm very aware of the support I receive from all of you (even if I don't mention it nearly enough). CBC too.

And have no fear, over the coming year my camera will be along for the ride.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: