Saturday, July 26, 2014

THR +22

July 26, 2014

I woke up twice overnight. The second time around 4:30 or so. I had a hell of a time getting back to sleep. Eventually I did, sleeping until 6:30am. I tried to sleep with my operated leg elevated.

I took an oxy before going to bed, but it was the only one on Friday.

The operated leg is still tender but the swelling has gone down substantially (this morning, anyway -- it always gets worse). No changes in bruising. But the skin is tight and tender to the touch.

UPDATE

This afternoon I met up with Steve McC, a former CTV colleague. We went for a short stroll, stopping to watch some bicycle polo and other Commercial Drive craziness.

Then we hit The Red Pagoda (Vietnamese) for lunch and a beer. Then we grabbed a table on the deck at Fet's and watched the world go by. And talked about the media. And travel.

Plus, all of the above was done with one crutch! And a backpack stuffed with pillows to sit on.

I came home and had a nap, with my feet up. The swelling and tingling had returned to my operated leg. I've done some more reading and I've got some mild concerns that this might be symptomatic of a clot. Now, the physio therapist said to worry only if it got worse. It hasn't. If anything, the swelling is down overall.

But, I'm concerned enough that I'm going to pop into the neighbourhood walk-in clinic Sunday morning just to be sure.

Turning to weather: the sun is back and the apartment is an oven again. At least the days are getting shorter and there is a bit of a breeze. Thankfully, I have two fans running in the sleeping area.

Exercise: approx 16 blocks + 20 flights of stairs (2 walks). And physio, of course.

-30-

No comments: