Monday, June 16, 2003


Great news! My passport arrived from Copenhagen this morning. And affixed inside was my fancy Russian visa. The next thing needing attention was my application for the Estonian visa. I called the Estonian embassy to confirm pricing and was told that I wouldn't have to pay double ($210) for my visa to get done quickly. If I was able to courier it to them by Wednesday, they said they'd be able to get it back by Friday. The woman I spoke to said she was the one that makes the visas. And she mentioned that she was going on holidays this Saturday, and wasn't quite sure what would happen to visa applications. "Much slower," she said.

So I got all the various forms, my photo, my passport, and a cheque together -- and headed to the courier. My passport is once again gone... It travels more than I do!

So all looks good. The money situation is working itself out, the visas are nearly done, and the flight leaves in just 19 days. Wow.


No comments: