Friday, November 07, 2003

It never rains, it pours.

This applies to many things: monsoons, bills, and freelance work. Yesterday was a good day in the world of freelance. I spoke with CBC Radio regarding two stories -- the piece on one one of the few remaining local shortwave stations in Canada and a new one. We've decided it will be a nostalgic piece about shortwave radio listening. There will be two main "scenes": one at the CKZU transmitter, talking with the engineer there... and one speaking with people who used to/still listen to SW broadcasts. There is a really cool museum called SPARC that is all about the history of radio sets. I'll be calling them today.

I also have tentative approval for a story on film restoration too.

And, on top of that, I opened the Georgia Straight to see one of my pictures in there... $ $ $!

And today I am spending the day getting my application together for a freelance producing gig with Vision. Details to come.

Here's some fun stuff for today:

A fine place for an Austrian holiday starts with "F."!
Or, try this Michigan town!

Cheers!

No comments: