Thursday, September 30, 2004

Hello, I must be going. Redux.

It's even more official now.

I have given notice on the Deep Cove hell apartment and I am moving back to the drive. This little experiment in frustration cost only a few grand. But there were some rewards - like living in the most beautiful area of the Lower Mainland.

Still, I miss the gittiness and handiness of the Drive.

Notice has been given and the landlord has the ads starting this weekend. It looks like it will be a smooth transition, but I have my doubts about getting the damage deposit back. We'll see.

The new place is basically a room in a house with a cool couple. It's going to be quite a change, but the rent is halved. And there are no utilities. Plus, I should be able to sleep once again.

A dream come true.

I've taken the new place for Oct 15th. Although most of my stuff will go into storage, it will still be nice to be able to move at my convenience.

I'm hoping the current place gets rented for Oct 15. That would be even better.

But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the first and last time I will move twice in the same year!! At least with most of my stuff in storage, any further moves will be easy.

Cheers!

No comments: