Sunday, November 02, 2014

THR +121

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I'm finally settled in San Pedro. It was a long journey, but the hip performed well. Flying was easy and I was careful to do lots of exercises while in the air.

The hardest part of the journey was the trip to Lake Atitlan. After a long day of shopping, we crammed into a pick-up truck for a three hour drive. The first two hours were fairly easy as the highway is quite good. But from the main highway to the lake, the road is pretty poor -- especially up and over the mountains.

Here's the route:
Guatemala City to Lake Atitlan
The hip was ok, if a little stuff after arrival.

That was Friday. Today is Sunday. So far so good. I've done some walking, but I haven't attempted any big hills, mostly because I want to acclimatise to the 5000 foot elevation.

more to come...

No comments: