Saturday, March 27, 2004

Saturday morning in grey Vancouver.

It is of little concern, as I am off to work in a few hours -- the news of the day sheltering me from worries about the weather. Rain? Bring it on! Though this is a tad selfish.

My bongo abatement program is in full swing. I headed to the park early this morning and put up several notices from the Grandview Park Residents Association -- simply asking for respect and cooperation from the faux-hippies. We'll see what happens. I have not yet moved forward with the city -- but happy that they understand -- and I think I'll keep them as the ace in the hole.

I am perplexed about the roommate situation. If I am to move (and I don't, especially since I have a new and fun summer project [bongo abatement]) I must give notice by the end of this month.

There had been a chance that 2 friends of mine were going to move in -- but it was decided that the place is too small for three -- and they also come with 2 cats.

So back to square one. If I move at the end of April, it will suck because I am working on the traditional moving day and I am in Calgary for the week prior. Worst case scenario is that I remain here for an extra month solo, and pay $1535 in rent (as opposed to the $500 I've been used to). We'll see what happens. There have been a few bites from some people -- so I am trusting that the universe will take care of me, as it often does.

This is pretty geeky for a 40 year old, but I have managed to create an RSS feed for my blog. If you have a clue as to what that is, the feed coordinates are:

http://roadspill.blogspot.com/atom.xml

If you have no idea as to what an RSS feed (in Atom) is, please continue on!

I've booked a bunch more work at CTV for the summer -- which takes the pressure off. June is thin, and again, I hope the universe will command the CBC to fill that up. I'm sure something will happen.

The Discover Fun TV project continues along... can't reveal much... but it should be a fun summer of doing fun stuff.

Up next: a day off tomorrow -- but the StockPhotosOnline gang is heading to a camera show to start marketing the site. 5 years in the making...

Time for coffee...

Doug





No comments: