Monday, March 01, 2004

Happy New Day!

March 1st. Already. The year 1/6th over. Hmmm.

I worked again yesterday, of course. And it was the day from hell. It should have been an easy day, but no. What could go wrong did. And it was all I could do to make it out alive.

I'm back at work today, though, thankfully, not until 3:30pm. I have an earlier meeting... and I have an article to write (I didn't get a chance to this morning) and I have some Stock Photos Online homework that I won't get to.

I work days on Tuesday, so at least I'll earn some turnaround. And Wednesday is a day off, though it will be used more for catching up on stuff. My next weekend (aka 2 days off) is March 8th. It'll have been 30 days straight.

I'm waffling on Europe. As much as I want to be there for the ceremonies surrounding the expansion of the EU -- I also wonder if I can afford it. I found an Air Canada flight to Copenhagen for only $1000, but the costs there will be outrageous. And there is another, smaller, border expedition this summer. Methinks that might be a better time to go.

That means Belize is high on the list. The airfare is also $1000, but the on-the-ground costs are very low. And a week on Caye Caulker would be perfect for recharging the batteries. So would a week on one of the gulf islands off our coast. Maybe I'll rent a car and drive to Calgary for a couple of days. Lots of options.

Spring is definitely here. There are flowers and blossoms a-plenty. And my eyes are itchy and I'm sneezing a lot. It gets worse every year. Guess I better get a super size box of allergy dope.

Ah-choo!

No comments: