Wednesday, April 20, 2005

from the "twist of fate" dept.

If you've noticed that I've been quiet again, it's due to a million billion things going on. Lots of work over at CTV, plus a ton of other things to deal with.

I've also been taking time out to stop and smell the cherry blossoms. The weather of late has been down right summer-like. I was off on Monday and Tuesday, and decided to get out with the camera and take in some sun. I ranged all over the Lower Mainland, snapping snaps and soaking in soleil.

I'm working on a little photography project called the Amazing Adventures of Hula Girl. Images to come very, very soon. In fact, I think she will get her own website.

Nothing much new in the world of AltNewsJournal. Still waiting for the Maclean's article. And we're finding it hard to keep up. Ah, perhaps biting another piece to chew wasn't a great idea?

I'm off to San Francisco and Sacremento today. I'll be interviewing a woman whose uncle was entrusted by the Jews of a German town to take care of their valuables as they were carted away to the death camps.

Eventually they came for him, and just before the knock on the door, he buried the valuables.

The story is much more complex than that -- involving rocket scientists, Nazis and the US space program.

It has the makings for a great documentary, so I'm throwing caution to the wind and heading down to chat with the woman at the centre of the story. She wants to return to the town (now in Poland) and find the loot.

I'll be back on Saturday!

Cheers!

No comments: