Friday, March 02, 2007

from the "on hold" dept.

After spending the entire day Thursday waiting to leave to the eastern regions of Ghana, I decided to pack it in.

The reasons for this were many:

- the organizers didn't have a clue why we were there -- they thought we were having fun (!) not shooting a documentary -- of which they'd get a copy!

- in a late afternoon phonecall I was told I would have to pay for the reporter and myself if we were to continue.

- they assumed they had all rights to photographs and videos. I don't have a problem with the video -- but the photos are mine and of a public event. I had intended to give them the rights to use them, but wanted to retain copyright and credit.

- The other half of the team carried off the Koforidua leg without us there.

- There were questions about the Ho leg being delayed/cancelled.

- It was expected I would pay for the rest of the trip.

- And so on.

However, the reporter and I will likely head to Accra to shoot the final stages, so that we can put together the story of the trip. It won't be perfect, but it will certainly allow us to finish what we started.

That's where things stand as of 11 a.m. Friday.

Lower your expectations? Ha ha ha ha ha....

Cheers!

No comments: