Friday, October 30, 2009

from the "I've heard this tune before" dept.

Old Man Winter Rides In Style

Well, it's time for another big change, even though these big changes no longer feel very big.

This is my last night in Vancouver for a while. And while my destination and new home for the next year isn't quite as distant as Guatemala or Ghana, Edmonton will surely be an adventure. Especially with old man winter set to pay a visit.

Also, it will be a medium-sized change going from the loosey-goosey world of tropical freelance writing to a structured job in a television newsroom.

But life is a series of adventures and a year in Edmonton is the next one.

It's funny that, after these past two weeks in Vancouver, I think that I will really miss this city. It's the first time I've ever felt that. But after 12 years here, I guess it does get into your blood.

And I'll be back for the Olympics. How could I miss that?

And with that, good night! The next post here will be from Edmonton. Please stay tuned!

Cheers!

No comments: