Tuesday, May 24, 2005

from the "something fishy in Denmark" dept.

Tuesday, just after noon. I arrived in Copenhagen after a quick-ish flight from Vienna.

I spent much of the early part of day wandering Vienna via the transit system. For only 5 Euro, you can get an all day pass... which worked well. Although I was never asked to show it!

I finished the day taking lunch at the Indian Rest. across the street from my hotel. And then grabbed my stuff and headed for the airport. It was sunny and hot, but I was glad to be on the road again. Hotels aren't cheap.

Jesper picked me up at Copenhagen International, and we went straight to his place where his wife, Nicolette, had a traditional South African meal waiting for us. After a few glasses of wine, it was time for bed.

This morning, I was on my own. I've been trying to arrange some 2000 digital photos (no easy task as the software I use sucks)... and generally lazing about.

I have little planned for the next few days, other than the odd excursion around the city. But having been here twice before, I don't feel obligated to play tourist.

Friday it's London. Saturday, the long journey home. Which, believe it or not, I am looking forward too.

Cheers!

No comments: