Thursday, May 22, 2008

from the "back in the saddle" dept.

Vancouver, BC
Thursday, 8:25 am

After a long, long flight from Copenhagen via Seattle, I'm finally home in Vancouver.

It's early morning in Deep Cove. It's quiet. And there's not a European to be seen.

Another big adventure is now history, but another is sure to follow. I'm hoping to ramble around BC and the prairies for a few days next week. I think I need to readjust before heading back to a summer of promotion and marketing work at the state broadcaster.

I also have a list of things to do between now and June 2. In the efforts of adding some filler to this post (I'm exhausted), I present a of-the-top-of-my-head-list-of-things-to-do:

1. Organize about 2000 photos from 10 counties into some sort of order.
2. Post more photos online.
3. Write up tales from the trip. Nothing like having a month of notes to decode!
4. Write the Chernobyl story.
5. Cut the radio version of the Chernobyl story.
6. Pay bills.
7. See people.
8. Get some serious exercise.
9. Pitch the commissioning editor for the next Lonely Planet West Africa guide book.
10. Find a place to live for after July 15.

Yeesh. Real life.

But not today: today I do nothing more than drink coffee and hang out in Deep Cove.

And marvel at how the weather is exactly the same as it was when I left.

Cheers!

No comments: