Wednesday, November 05, 2008

from the ¨yes, he did¨ dept.



Where were you when the earth moved?

Me, I was in San Pedro la Laguna, Guatemala watching US election coverage in the Alegre bar. Surrounded by Americans, we watched history unfold together. As Obama took state after state, we cheered, hugged and slammed down litres of Mexican beer and Cuba Libres to celebrate.

It was amazing.

After eight years of the worst President and policies imaginable, hope has finally returned to America. And I was lucky to share it with my American friends. I don´t think there was a dry eye in the bar after Obama´s acceptance speech.

It was awesome.

And now the party´s over (and I´m so tired)... and massive challenges lie ahead. But one thing is undeniable: America has turned a corner. And we are all better for it.

Yes! He did!

2 comments:

Jude said...

Oh yes. We here in the frigid north were also teary eyed and drunk. Here's hoping the press doesn't get bored and decide to thwart his efforts (a la Clinton). On the other hand, I don't think Clinton was half of what Obama is... and as far as I know, Obama doesn't smoke cigars.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching Oprah's follow up show. Her shirt read:
Hope
Won

Unfortunately, when she pulled her sweater shut it said:
hop
on

Go Obama