Saturday, February 07, 2009

from the "brr" dept.

San Pedro la Laguna
Saturday Feb 7, 2009

There isn't much to report from the week just past.

In terms of work, I submitted my story to the Chicago Tribune. Radio silence followed. I made inroads in with some other papers, but nothing firm.

The Chernobyl story is due in a couple of weeks, and the building has begun.

The weather was kinda cold last week. Sunny, but very windy -- especially overnight. Lots of zinc flapping in the breeze.

I was able to see my breath this morning, which I think is a first. I don't have a thermometer and there isn't a weather station here so I can't give an accurate report. But it IS cold compared to the last several weeks.

The neighbour is blaring the morning sermons again. Why is it that some people feel the need to convert the masses. All you're doing with the noise if pushing me further away.

But, for $100 a month, I suppose I can't complain too much. Still, I'd rather hear Reggaton than crazy nuts screaming. Ugh.

And so it goes...

No comments: