Monday, June 08, 2009

from the "this and that" dept.

Where have I been, you wonder? Oh here. Exercising. Working. Living. Sleeping. It's a tough life.

A couple of tidbits:

The Chernobyl piece has sold again -- this time to the English-language Helsinki Times. Publication TBA.

I managed to score some tickets for the 2010 Games. Hockey. Gold Medal Final. Bwah ha ha! I guess that means I'll be back in Vancouver for the games. Now all I need is a job and a couch.

Things remain quiet in San Pedro. There are some tourists, but they generally hang around the lame bars and trade beads. Many walk barefoot (despite the danger of stepping on some weird critters) and I am temped to ask: "What, you can't afford shoes?"

I would dearly love to sit down with some of the old timers and get their take on the faux-hippies. It's quite laugh inspiring.

One tried to sell me some homemade cookies (not the drug infused kind). When I told him that I buy local he started yelling. Yeah, whatever dude. You missed the Sixties by 40 years. Tough luck!

More to come!

Cheers!

No comments: